Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Maria Made

So everyone tells me I can cook and bake. That's just because I don't share my mistakes, but I'm grateful that my culinary creations make people happy because cooking brings me joy as well.

So here's another food blog in the vast sea that are already out there. Basically, if I make something I'm gonna share with you. Kind of like people do on Facebook, but instead of trying to make you jealous of my dinner, I'm gonna give you the recipes so you can make it too. I also do a lot of entertaining and my social circles seem to have A LOT of potlucks. So there will be plenty of recipes to serve a crowd and if you happen to like something I've made and want the recipe, I'll post it here. I'll also have ideas of what to do with any leftovers. Also, I have friends with a wide variety of dietary needs: vegan, vegetarian, diary-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and so on. No recipe can meet all those requirements, except maybe a veggie tray and hummus--I think. I'll tag recipes that meet these requirements and if there is an easy substitution I'll be sure to make a note.

Oh and just so you know, unless I'm baking I generally don't use a recipe, so it's interesting I'm doing a recipe blog...hmmm. However, I'm gonna be sure I measure what I put in before I post it out here. Just remember cooking is an art and it's personal. If you like salt, add salt. If you like it hot, add some more red pepper. If it doesn't look like enough there is enough cheese, well, you get the picture. Like I mentioned, people say I can cook, and I swear that just because I don't share the mistakes. Mistakes will happen, enjoy them as much as possible. And when something is good and you think it could use a little more whatever, next time put in some extra.

So here I go. Happy Cooking. Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment