Monday, January 30, 2012

Sweet Potato Kale Soup

My body was craving something fresh and hearty and healthy. So I came up with this. It's a Maria original and I'm quite pleased with the results. I love me some kale and it's soooooo good for you, low in calories and high of antioxidant vitamins, and phytonutrients, as well as tons of fiber.

Sweet Potato and Kale Soup
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups chopped kale
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 quarts stock, vegetable or chicken
1 can garbazo beans, drained
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. red pepper (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a crockpot for 4-6 hours on HIGH or 8 to 10 hours on LOW.

On the stove, put all the ingredients in a stock pot, bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment