Friday, January 20, 2012

Vegetable Lasagna

Last night, I had about 20 people over to hang out. Generally, everyone brings something and I make an entree. One of my guest was bringing a rotisserie chicken so I thought I'd make something vegetarian. Ah feeding the masses, it is not easy to please everyone, so I made Vegetable Lasagna. I, unfortunately, don't have a picture because these people tore it up. They dug in before I could get a picture and finished it OFF!

Vegetable Lasagna
1 lb. box of Lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
3 or 4 cups marinara sauce
16 oz. container ricotta cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1-2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
3 cups diced veggies, such as:
-shredded carrots
-mushrooms
-broccoli
-peppers
-diced onions
-zucchini

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Boil and drain the lasagna noodles. In the meantime, dice the veggies into small bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 inch cubes. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the ricotta and parmesan cheese, egg, garlic basil, and oregano.

In the bottom of a 9x13 pan, label and even distribute a layer of marinara sauce.

Then place one layer of lasagna noodles, evenly spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture, then 1/3 of the veggies, and a layer of sauce. Repeat two more times. Finish with a layer of noodles, and a layer of sauce and then top with the mozzarella cheese.

Bake for about 1 hour.

If you have leftover sauce you can serve it on the side for those of us who like it saucy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment