Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sauteed Swiss Chard


I'm getting lots of leafy greens from my CSA so it's time to experiment... Here goes a Maria original!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 large clove garlic, pressed
  • 3-4 cup Swiss Chard, stems removed and chopped 
  • 1 cup diced tomato
  • 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can Canelli beans, drained and rinsed
  • Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
  2. Add garlic and onions, saute 1-2 minutes.
  3. Add the Swiss Chard, cook for an addition 3-5 minutes, stirring occaisonally until chard starts to soften and onions are clear.
  4. Add the tomatoes and beans and stir simmer 2-3 minutes, until ingredients are warmed thorough.
  5. Serve with crumbled feta on top, or a vegan alternative.

1 comment:

  1. I do a very similar recipe (except without the beans... I'll have to try that, I bet that makes this much more of a full meal!) Only thing I would question is removing the stems. I LOVE chard stems... taste a lot like beets (which is great IF you love beets!) Thanks for sharing this recipe! -Epiphany

    ReplyDelete